APPLICATION LINKS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
1st Up American Express Business Gold Card
American Express is on roll with there new RE-FRESHED Credit cards. The American Express Gold Card which we just saw a few weeks ago regarding the New 4x per $1.00 Spent for Restaurants and 4x Per $1.00 Spent Groceries and other benefits.
Out with old and in with new, the All New American Express Business Gold Card. American express is definitely showing some muscle here with its 4x per $1.00 spent in two different categories that you spend most in up to $150,000 in one calendar year. Here are the Categories that offer 4x per $1.00 Spent.
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers (Some Might Include the Following: – Apple, CDW, Dell, HP, IBM, Intuit, Lenovo, Microsoft, Newegg, Oracle, Rack Space. Sage Software, Symantec, Tiger Direct)
You will not receive 4x per $1.00 spent in every category though. You will only receive 4x per $1.00 Spent in two categories that you spend the most in, in each statement period. So American Express will automatically give you 4x points per $1.00 spent in two of the categories that you spend the most in, in that statement period. I would have to say that’s pretty awesome! Previously with the old card you had to choose a category for the whole year and if you forgot to choose the category then amex would pick one for you. I like this new automatic method much better!
ANNUAL FEE – $295.00 – The annual fee is hefty, and if your new to the points game your probably shaking your head. The Annual Fee is high but with this kind of return of 4x you can come out WAY ON TOP. Make your calculations with how much you spend per year on two of the 4x Points Per $1.00 Spent categories listed above, then make your final decision. If your unsure contact me.
Next Up The Chase Business Ink Preferred
The Chase Business Ink Preferred has been a work horse for quite some time now! With 3x In the following Categories this card is hard to beat!
- Travel (Airlines, hotels, timeshares, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, Expedia, travelocity, etc discount travel sites, campgrounds, trains, buses, taxis, uber, lyft, limousines, ferries, toll bridges, toll roads, highways, parking lots, parking garages)
- Shipping Purchases
- Internet, Cable, and Phone Services
- Advertising purchases with social media sites and search engines.
If you notice the 3x in the Travel Category above you will notice that gas is included along with a plethora of other categories. This Travel Category with its vast amount of variations makes this card a strong contender to the American express business gold card.
Some Additional Benefits
Low Annual Fee – $95.00 ONLY!!!
Cell Phone Insurance up to $600.00
Hmm Cant Think of Anything
American Express Business Gold Card
Chase Business Ink Preferred
And the Winner is?…… It is hard for me to say which card outweighs the other. If your trying to keep things simple, and the American Express Business Gold Card Annual Fee is haunting you, then i would say the Chase Business Ink Preferred card will probably be your best friend. It is really tough to choose, and can not go wrong with any card; however, if you are a BIG SPENDER and are spending$$ in the American Express Business Gold Card Spending Categories, go with the American Express Business Gold Card. Happy Credit Card Hunting!
Categories: Credit Card Reviews